Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sure

I HATE the word 'sure'. Yes, I hate lots of words but for way different reasons. So, why do I hate the word 'sure'?
It is so vague. Especially when your not face to face with another individual. If you ask them a question why would the answer 'sure'? Are they just lazy, or agree like, "Sure, that would be a really good idea" or are they not interested.
I hate the word 'sure' because if someone answers a question do they mean it. Are they saying it just to please you, or they really don't care? Are they saying it because there is not point is saying no? Are they saying it because it just another thing to do or direction to move in. I wish people could just answer yes or no, but no they have to answer sure. Just to keep you wondering if it is the right move to move on. If you should take back your offer. I don't think it's fair but it is fair that you are putting the person under pressure, and then again, don't you use the word 'sure'. I wish I didn't but still I will always wonder does the word sure mean "I just don't care"
It's not a long post but I feel it a lot. So, will I go on letting people get away with using the answer 'sure'? Sure, why not, but im not thrilled about it. I do care but I just don't know what else to do. I still hope that they learn to say yes. and if they don't want to, they can simple answer no. Will this happen? I'll leave it up to you but I know most of your answers already. Sure.

No comments: