Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Feel bad-Not me monday



I have always loved soccer! I love acting too! I love being creative and painting, and reseantly loved basketball. I love singing and writing too. I write, well blogs, stories, sometimes scripts, poems, and songs. All these things I love to do are different. I go about them very differently. With soccer I give 110% effort. In basketball I try and listen to my coaches as much as possible and grasp what they try and tell me. I try to change what I do to what they say, because they do know a lot more than me and when I listen it helps a lot and I improve greatly. With painting I do whatever I want. I don't have a lot of details but LOTS of colors. All my paintings are different and most of them come out quite good. I am proud of them. I sing and write freely. I can do it anytime anyplace, just maybe at different volumes. Also, all these things I better or worse at. While I think I am amazing at writing song, or pretty good, I am not as good at painting even though I enjoy it emencly.
I think I improved so much at basketball this winter, as I was on the school team. I completely fell in love with it. Now I am on the soccer team (it ends in less than I week) and it used to be my passion because I am so competative and I love it. Now, I am not the best person on the team but it I don't feel weak, not me. It's not me that goes home after some games and cries because I didn't get enough playing time. It's not me that feel stupid that I am out of breath and not as skilled because I was never in travel and haven't been taught how to "give and go" or do proper "two touches". And it's not me who is not a quiter but wants to quite just so I don't feel like a quiter.
No, it's not me that wishes I was better at everything. Not me.

Ok so I wrote that at school today but I always have conflicting thoughts. Like at practice I was having so much fun and doing well. I NAILED ALL MY LEFT FOOT PASSES!! that is impossible for me. I never could do any but I focused and I did well. I guess we all just need to look for the good, the fun, and what makes things worth it.

3 comments:

Ginny Marie said...

I wish that I was better at everything, too. Glad you had fun at soccer Monday!

Salena said...

thanks :)

Salena said...

wow. just tried out for soccer yesterday. Decided, I am not going back today. Too bad I didn't have this look. I was too tired to pay attention to my left foot. lol